Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year.  


It's always been a quiet holiday for me and was again this year.  Furball and I enjoyed some great wine, cheese, and other treats and settled in to watch a movie or two.  


True to form, I didn't make it past 10 p.m.  When given the choice between seeing in the New Year and a good night of sleep, I go for the sleep.  


Pony Girl went to an all-night party (which contributed to my good night sleep~ no worrying about her out on the road).


Not sure about JSB - we're checking on him today. So, wish us luck.


I wish everyone All the Best in 2010.


  For us, "the best" would be continued health and reasonable prosperity for Furball and myself; Pony Girl continue in her studies and discovery of herself as an adult; JSB to resume treatment for his illness, to be delivered from his torment, and to find some peace.


I covet your prayers for our "best," especially for my children.


Oh, and it wouldn't be New Years if I wasn't starting on a diet to try to remove about 40 pounds.  But, I'm not going to talk about that because then I will jinx it.  Just wish me luck battling my genetic load and advancing age ;)


Here's a little blessing for your New Year, excerpted from my fave, John O'Donohue:


...
May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
May the clarity of light be yours,
May the fluency of the ocean be yours,
May he protection of the ancestors be yours.


And so may a slow
Wind work these words
Of Love around you,
An invisible cloak
To mind your life.


--John O'Donohue, To Bless the Space Between Us



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter